Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Bargain Lipstick from Essence

Hi!

I haven't had a proper look at an Essence stand in a long time (mainly because I'm trying to avoid the money pit that calls itself Penneys) but I did pop in for some nail polish remover a few weeks ago and these caught my eye.


I love a good neutral lipstick, I can't carry bright colours off at all. These babies have been out a while, but I hadn't seen them. They feel lovely on, and they last as long as any other brand I've ever tried, including MAC.

Here's a look at them on my mush.




#7 (Natural Beauty) is a really nice "my lips but better" shade. #13 (Love Me) has a hint of peachy coral and is really nice for this time of year. I know they look pretty similar there but you can tell the difference straight away when you look at the whole face (don't know what face I'm pulling in this first photo, that is NOT going extra large) - Here's #7:


And #13:

#13 hasn't been off my lips since I got it, and I'll definitely be picking up some more of this range the next time I need socks. Or a scarf. Or a bag. Or shoes. Or teatowels.

I lost my receipt but according to the good folks over at Essence Ireland, the lipsticks retail at €2.49 each.





11 comments:

  1. i have the same post up today ha! natural beauty is gorgeous isn't it?need to gat my hand on 'love me now' it looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will check yours out! 'Love me now' is really nice, great quality x

      Delete
  2. They look gorgeous on you, very natural looking. For the price you really can't go wrong! Although it does make you want to buy every single one of them every time you go in x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers m'dear! Oh I know, those big Essence stands are an absolute danger.

      Delete
  3. i have both of them and a few other colours as well. #7 has been on my lips constantly for last 2 months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so wearable, isn't it? A really great staple colour.

      Delete
  4. I have Love Me and I LOVE it! Love how subtle these are

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, they're really nice! I kinda want them all now...

      Delete
  5. those lipsticks are gorgeous! i must pick up a couple next time i'm in penneys ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh do! There are some brighter colours that you could definitely carry off x

      Delete
  6. LAST AS LONG AS MAC??? Wow I want these !!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk at me!