Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Roger & Gallet Hand & Nails Cream - Luxury on a Budget!

Hi!

I've mentioned Roger & Gallet before - (here & here) - they're one of my favourite brands. I find it hard to pass the stand without having a sniff of something. Contrary to popular belief, and appearances, their products aren't actually ridiculously expensive. The hand creams I have today cost €6.50 each, which is a great price for such a luxurious little product.

I always associate hand creams with winter - but this warm, dry humid weather can be hellish on the skin. It's important to look after your hands and keep them hydrated and moisturised, and these are perfect for the job. Also, the SPF in the Creme Sublime Bois d'Orange one will help protect against the sun's harmful rays - all they want to do is give you the hands of a crone. Don't let them.


I was sent two of the creams to try out - and I loved both of them so much that I immediately went and bought the third one in the range. They come in the three scents you can see above - Rose (with shea butter & rose extract), Creme Sublime Bois D'Orange (with argan & evening primrose oil and SPF 15) and Fleur d'Osmanthus (with shea butter & apricot oil). As with all Roger & Gallet products, the scents really are the main selling point - they're just gorgeous. I was especially impressed with the Rose one - Rose isn't a scent I naturally gravitate towards but I've actually been using this one the most. The formula of the creams is fantastic - there's no sticky residue or greasiness. They're light, soft, and leave a lingering fragrance that compliments the Roger & Gallet range of scents perfectly. I leave one of the creams on the kitchen window and I'm able to type on the laptop straight after application without my hands slipping all over the place - a huge bonus if you work in an office environment.


I've been using them for about 2 weeks now (a few times a day) and I do definitely notice an improvement in the condition of my hands. The skin isn't as cracked or dry as it was a few weeks ago. I have developed a bit of a weird hand-smelling fetish (just my own hands, I hasten to add), but that's the only downside. They're 30ml, perfect for popping into a handbag.

They're gorgeous, and they'd make a perfect little gift (especially for new Mums - we're always washing our hands. Seriously. Surprised the skin hasn't just evaporated at this stage), or a pick-me-up for someone special. Available in chemists nationwide, priced at €6.50 each.



6 comments:

  1. Haha glad the fetish only extends to your own hands!! I'm the same now using the new soap and glory range, awful to be sniffing yourself all day long:) Agree these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the S&G ones yet, I love hand cream!! x

      Delete
  2. They look lovely, I might check them out. I never used to really use handcream but recently I have, I'm almost finished the Soap and Glory one and have half a bottle of a Body Shop vanilla one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually a Body Shop one to use up too, smells so lush! x

      Delete
  3. After seeing your review I went and checked them out today and got Creme Sublime Bois D'Orange for my mum! She text me tonight saying she loves it! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh BRILLIANT, I love hearing that! Excellent, glad she liked it x

      Delete

Talk at me!