Monday, June 30, 2014

Physicians Formula: BB Powder & 2-in-1 Lash Booster & Eye Serum

Hi!

Physicians Formula, having recently launched in Ireland, were looking for testers a few weeks ago for their 2-in-1 Lash Booster & Eye Serum. I was lucky enough to get my name in and received the product in the post.

[Source

Unfortunately, there were no instructions provided with the product so I just assumed it was to be used as a normal eyeliner and that it would boost the appearance of lashes. Wrong!! While researching this post, I've realised that it's actually something to be used over a period of time in order to boost both appearance AND lash growth. I really do think the product name could have reflected that better - as a result, I probably haven't tested this properly at all. Even on the PF website it says:


  • High-tech formula enhances the appearance of lashes while providing the instant definition of a liquid eyeliner, in one easy step!
  • Lash Boosting complex targets the base of lashes where it is most effective.
  • Innovative and easy to use eyelining tool delivers effortless definition.
  • High-tech Japanese formula is long-wearing, water-resistant and smudge-resistant.


Anyway - I've a couple of pictures for you and a bit about their BB Powder, so I'll carry on.


I was sent the shade Deep Brown, but it also comes in Clear, Black and Ultra Black. I don't have a price, but like everything else in the range, it falls somewhere between the €10-€19.90 mark. The Japanese influence is evident in the super-fine tip, which is easy to use and leaves a lovely clean line.

Here's a nakey eye:


My eyes are quite hooded, so anything that helps boost them is something I definitely want to be in on. I tried a few times to get a clean line myself (awful at eyeliner) - here are a few pictures.


In the next two photos, the eye booster is on the right (my left eye), none on the left.




I found it very, very subtle. I tried a thicker line and mascara:


And I roped a friend (thanks Karie!) into doing it again for me on both eyes because I was sure I was applying it wrong:




It's incredibly subtle. Look, there is a tiny difference between the two eyes - but not enough to make me want to run out and purchase this myself. I can't comment on the growth power of the serum as I didn't even know that was what it did - it doesn't state on the website or the product that it's a continued use product, so the majority of people would just assume it's an eyeliner. The US packaging DOES have that info, and the product seems to have great reviews. As a liner, maybe the black shades would be more pronounced, but the fact that there's a clear shade available points towards the main selling point of this - to boost lash growth. I'm going to use it for a few weeks and I'll post about it again - because I feel like I didn't really give it a fair chance. On a more positive note, it's suitable for sensitive eyes, contact lens wearers, and is Hypoallergenic, Fragrance-Free, and Paraben Free. Which is always a good thing.

On to the BB Powder:


I bought this on iherb.com a few months ago, before the brand came to Ireland. I wanted to make sure it would be available here before I featured it, and it is - it costs €17.90.
So what is it? It claims to have 10+ Beauty Benefits - including Smoothing, Perfecting, Protecting, Oil-Control, Pore Minimising, Airbrushing, Line-Softening, Concealing, Setting, and Long-Wearing. Quite the claims, eh? I can't vouch for the pore thing (life's too short to worry about pore minimizing) or lines, but it is pretty good at setting, it's long-wearing, and it does definitely conceal. It also has a SPF of 30, which covers the Protecting element.


Being the packaging fiend that I am, anything new or unusual impresses me, so the thick white case with holographic logo really appeals to my magpie side. It's cute.




The powder flips up to reveal a mirror and little brush.




I dumped the brush, preferring to apply it with an E.L.F Studio Powder Brush. I like to use the powder over BB Cream or CC Cream for a light, non-cakey look - seen here. (Pic is a few months old). Don't be heavy-handed with it - it needs a light sweep, which is why I dislike the small brush. I have dry skin, and it didn't feel heavy or tightening at all like some powders.


Is there anything else from Physician's Formula that you think deserves a mention? I want to try some mascara, blusher, and foundation next so I'll be picking those up at some stage. Any recommendations?

I don't have a full list of stockists yet, but will update when I do - it's on the way!

If you're ordering from iherb, use the code TMC827 to get a discount off your first order. This is my loyalty discount code, you'll get one of your own to pass on when you order.



8 comments:

  1. ..I don't care much (at all) for makeup, but ooooh I love your hair on that pic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning in that last pic! I love the sparkly eye-shadow in the top pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have that eyeliner in the same colour, an American friend sent it to me! You look lovely in the last pic! That colour looks great on you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must try that powder I love that it has an Spf30 I have that eyeliner as well but I haven't tried it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how close to the line you got with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look phenomenal in the last picture, that I completely forgotten about the review so had to re-read it lol I'm dying to get my hands on some of their products, so here's hoping it comes to Wexford! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing on that picture. I love your makeup too. I think I'll try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous, lady. I'm not gone on the prices of PF. Really, the products look lovely but they're a bit too spendy here!

    I can't recommend the blushers because I've not tried 'em, but Sue (the Cherry one) loves 'em.

    ReplyDelete

Talk at me!