Wednesday, December 12, 2012

NOTD: Lac Attack - The Horcrux of It

Hi!

A few weeks ago, I came across swatches of the fantastic Harry Potter themed Magical Musings collection from L.A. indie polish maker Lac Attack. The collection was a collaboration between Anastasia of Lac Attack and Kristen of Glitta Gloves - and it's amazing!

There are ten polishes in the collection, and you can see Kristen's fabulous swatches on the post that caught my eye HERE. The one I decided on was "The Horcrux of It" - I'm a sucker for a dark glitter and this one looked amazing. Shipping to Ireland was inexpensive and fast - polish plus shipping came in under e11, and I ordered on the 1st of December (launch day) and received it yesterday (December 11th).


Here's a close up of the bottle: 


"The Horcrux of It" is a sheer black polish with green & orange/mustard small glitters and larger green hex glitters. When I used this first, I swatched it over a clear basecoat and it built up nicely, but it wasn't as opaque as I wanted it. This time, I used two coats of Barry M black under it, and it turned out exactly how I'd hoped!

Two coats of Barry M Black and Two coats of The Horcrux of It
Excuse my stubby thumbnail, it split yesterday :(


Even though it was absolutely stunning as it was, I have a current obsession with matte nail polish so I added an Essence matte topcoat over the top and it was gorgeous.



I love it matte, and I'll definitely wear this combination again. I'll also definitely return to Lac Attack for another purchase - this was my first indie polish and it definitely won't be my last!




14 comments:

  1. Fricking amazing!! Matte really makes the glitter pop. Great swatches xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...that is diviiiiiiiiine! I really need to try matte on glitter, I'm just so obsessed with glossy finishes but love this! :)

    Aysh xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, love it with the matte top coat (which I MUST find)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so gorgeous! Love it both glossy and matte xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have crystal glazes which after firing look just like some of your nail polishes lol. I like this one the best. :o) I also love the Doris Day movie Calamity Jane that you mentioned in another post! I'm sure I watched it weekly on video when I was a kid...... I have it on dvd somewhere around here. I think it's time to dig it out lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks amazing Sharon! Really like the dark color! Hope you had a great Xmas dear!
    xxx Marina

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's so pretty! and i love the name! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks amazing! Beautiful swatches :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is such an amazing post, there is so much inspiration, love the pics!
    Hope you've had a brilliant xmas and new year!!
    thanks for sharing!

    if you like we can follow each other on bloglovin :)
    let me know! 
    STYLE DECORUM

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS nail polish, especially with the matte to coat :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingnes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Talk at me!