Wednesday, March 28, 2012

NYX Sky Pink Lipstick - MAC Angel Dupe?

I've read online that NYX Sky Pink lipstick is a supposed dupe for MAC Angel, albeit with a slightly different finish. I don't own MAC Angel, so I can't compare the two, but here's a look at Sky Pink.

This is my first NYX product, and I really like it - I will definitely be buying more from the brand in the future. I got this particular lipstick on eBay, but you can find NYX products online at beautyemporium.ieflair.ie and cherryculture.com. Here's a look:

[Source]: ebay.co.uk

Here's my pic:


And swatches - all in the one pic:


It's a really creamy formula, so it doesn't last long on the lips - it's really pretty though. I'm very pale and surprisingly, it doesn't make me look washed out or dead. Is it similar to MAC Angel? I've no idea. You decide!

For the record, I do think that dupes in general are great - it's the fake cosmetics that I have a problem with. I love the thrill of finding a polish or lipstick dupe - the Essence/Deborah Lippmann ones for example. That's all fine with me - as long as a company doesn't go all-out to copy something else (Aldi & Moroccanoil - still not sure how I feel about that one to be honest, as much as I'd like to try it if I saw it, I'm not sure I'd pick it up on the basis that they could have changed the labelling a bit more). 

What do you think? Do you own any NYX products? Do you think this could be a dupe for Angel? Let me know!

S xx

EDIT: This is the seller I bought mine from  - HERE - it was an Irish seller, and they didn't charge postage. It cost approx. €5.75 and they have a range of lipstick shades in stock. It arrived in just under a week.

8 comments:

  1. Oh that looks lovely, where did you pick it up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh sorry, I meant to put in a link! Edited now, I got it on eBay.ie! Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color, and indeed it is similar to MAC angel! I have heard only good things about NYX products! such a pity that they are not easier available here in Ireland! x Marina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed Marina, I'd love to see a NYX stand! So sorry for not replying too, half of the comments were in spam! Thank you for reading xx

      Delete
  4. Speaking of Aldi I picked up their leaflet the other day and I seen that moroccan oil and the packaging is practically the same as the real thing because my mam bought it from the hairdressers a while back..might pick it up if it's still in though would love to give it a try anyway and compare the differences,sort of like bio oil and re-gen oil you wouldn't know which is which because the packaging is identical :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know whether to pick it up or not, I don't want to buy a blatant all-out copy of something, but I'm never going to buy the proper Moroccanoil so I might give it a bash?! AAGH! I'll see how I feel in the shop! Mentioning bio-oil, I found another one in a pound shop a while back - it's brilliant for cuticles, not sure how it'd work on scars or stretch marks but the packaging is very like bio-oil too, must have a root around & see if I can find it! Thanks for reading x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should just give it a go anyway,it's cheap so won't be wasting much if it's useless ha :) Oh really? If you get the name let me know! I'm currently using the E.L.F Cuticle pen.Well I actually bought the re-gen oil up in Semi-Chem in Enniskillen so not sure if it's down here haven't seen it :) Also comes in a cream :)

      xxx

      Delete
  6. Pretty, thank you for the color comparison!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, even one word ones. Comment moderation enabled due to my utter hatred of spammy links. No captcha!