Tuesday, December 13, 2011

31 Day Nail Polish Challenge - Day 27 - Artwork!

At last! I mentioned in the last post that I was going to try Vincent Van Gogh's 'Starry Night' for this challenge, but had decided against it because my skillz aren't quite there yet.

On reflection, I realised that I'm being a bit hard on myself - this didn't call for an exact replica of an artwork, it called for arty inspiration. So, I stuck with my original plan and went for Starry Night.


I just picked a couple of blues and purples, a white and a gold - and this is what I came up with.


Here's an indoor/outdoor comparison:


I like it, it's one of my favourite colour combinations so far. I didn't have any particular method for this one - just used a blue polish as a base coat (Catrice LE Miracle Heaven) and splattered some random polishes all over it. What do you think?
S xx

5 comments:

  1. That's really really pretty. Totally captures the swirly essence of the original too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture! and your nail art is great!!

    http://creepyvanityfair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab Sharon, as Kat said , you've captueed it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! yours are amazing! I've done some nail posts on my blog too :)

    Angela
    http://livciv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, even one word ones. Comment moderation enabled due to my utter hatred of spammy links. No captcha!