Sunday, November 27, 2011

31 Day Nail Polish Challenge: Day 18

Time for half moons! Now, I know that usually on this day of the challenge, people do the standard half-moon mani, with the little crescent either at the top or bottom. But I didn't want to do that. Partially, because I wanted to something different, but mostly because I have no nail tip stickers left. Judging by the way the rainbows turned out, I wasn't about to attack this freehand. UNTIL..... I remembered my trusty Essence nail tip pen.

So, I give you, my literal interpretation of the half-moon mani:


Little half moons! I like them, I don't know how they ended up crackly but I really like them. For the base, or the starry sky, I used a random black polish from my stash and a coat of the Chit-Chat glitter one I mentioned in a post a while back. I sponged on a tiny bit of matte grey polish from Claire's to form the clouds, and I added the half moons with the Essence pen. I love it!

Here's an inside shot:


I was really happy with the way it turned out, and it's definitely something I'll try and do better in the future. Tomorrow, it's one I'm absolutely dreading, the galaxy manicure. I'm half tempted just to paint my nails brown  in honour of Galaxy chocolate, but I shall do it properly and get spongin'.

Until then,

S xxx

3 comments:

  1. I like it! =)

    http://creepyvanityfair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you did this differently! It never even entered my head to do it this way! x

    ReplyDelete

Talk at me!